Monday 16 June 2014

Father's Day Family Day Out!

Our plan of spending Father's Day at the beach with a picnic was completely ruined when we pulled back the curtains yesterday morning and were greeted  with big, dark clouds and rain.

We opted for a lazy morning instead and decided to go over to Xscape for the afternoon instead.

Ian chose our lunch destination so we went to TGI Fridays(Good call Ian ;)) 

Annie was so excited about this motorbike, she wouldn't get off it for ages!

They were really busy (but they were the least busy option in Xscape! Ian's first choice was Nando's but they were queuing out the doors!) so we had to wait a while to be served. Luckily I'd packed Annie's little Frozen figures to help keep her entertained while we were waiting.

Annie was fascinated by everything. On the wall, just across from our table were all the Toy Story figures mounted in frames!

Waiting for food silly selfies!


 (That's a slush, not a cocktail!)

Annie had chicken burger and chips, though for a while she couldn't decide between that and meatball pasta! (Indecisive like her mama.) She ate it all up and had a blue slush that looked so much like a cocktail that I had to taste test it first ;)

Ian and I had a feast! We had Jack Daniel's sesame chicken strips and mozerella dippers to start. I swear, those Jack Daniel's chicken strips were just sent down from the heavens. If you haven't tried them, you really need to! Don't be put off if you don't like Jack Daniels, I absolutely hate the stuff but this glaze is divine. We both chose the same main- French Dip burgers and Sam Adams cheese and bacon fries. I cannot put into words how delicious the cheese and bacon fries were. I can only urge you all to go and try them!

Since it was such a special occasion, we decided to all be naughty and have dessert too.
Ian had the Apple Waffle Crunch, I chose the Popcorn Brownie Sundae and Annie had the cutest dessert ever! It was a Sweet Shop Sundae. It came with a little bag of chocolate drops, gummy worms and popping candy! I think our eyes were bigger than our bellies though and we couldn't finish the desserts, as nice as they were.

As we were leaving I just couldn't resist going over and taking a photo of Iron Man. Everybody who knows me, knows that I am Iron Man mad. Ian pointed him out to me as soon as we got to our table!


After our meal, we headed out to the Xplore Soft Play for Annie to have a play. Ian and I sat down with a coffee and watched Annie playing and making friends.

After soft play, we headed over to the arcades for a play. We couldn't resist!
Annie was actually surprisingly good at whacking the aliens and didn't like it when Ian tried to "help" her by hitting them with his hand, he's such a cheater! We earned loads of tickets and when we'd spent all our change up, we exchanged our tickets for a little Unicorn toy for Annie, she loved her present and played with it all the way home!

We had such a lovely day out. Ian really enjoyed himself and loved his presents too. Family days out are my favourite, I really am so lucky to have such a wonderful little family!


No comments:

Post a Comment